Please also visit our Terms of Service section that explains other terms governing the use of our website.
Fortis Fitness Equipment Inc. will not collect any personal information about you except when specifically and knowingly provided by you. Examples of such information are name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, credit card information and customer preferences data. Examples of ways in which we may collect such information from you include the following:
- Registration and Ordering: Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you may be required to set up an account and complete a registration form. When registering, you will be prompted to provide certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, you may also be asked to provide your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and possibly for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and this Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
- Email Addresses: Some areas of the Site allow you to enter your email address for purposes including, but not limited to: registering or opening a Fortisequipment.com website account.
- Cookies: Like most other websites, Fortis Fitness Equipment Inc. uses cookie technology throughout this Site. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Unfortunately, customers who turn off cookies in their browser settings will not be able to shop from this Site. THIS SITE’S COOKIES DO NOT AND CANNOT INFILTRATE A USER’S HARD DRIVE TO GATHER A USER’S CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Our cookies are not “spyware.”
We do not sell or rent information about our customers and all information provided to Fortis Fitness Equipment Inc. remains absolutely confidential, except that:
- We may share aggregate or summary information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers or other third parties. This data will never identify you personally.
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company or web host) or that help us market our products and services. This information may also be shared with marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use any personal information we share with them about you for any other purpose.
- We will use your personal information to communicate with you about your orders and deliveries, and we may send you a confirmation email when you register/place an order with us. Also, if you submit your email address to register or to open a Fortisequipment.com account, we use it to deliver the information to you.
- We may be required to disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and requests from law-enforcement officials, or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the winner of any online sweepstakes.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
If you suspect unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card according to its reporting rules and procedures.
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.
Offline Collection, Use & Disclosure of Information
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to: email@example.com